Monday, April 7, 2008




April 1 marked the first day of double digits for Emma. What a special day! We celebrated with manicures at Dosha. We were really roughing it! The two of us had fun doing a little shopping around town afterward too. I am very proud of my little- I mean big girl! She is so wonderful and such a joy.
One of her gifts was a Spanish guitar CD. She popped it in the CD player and put on one of my "flowy" skirts and danced the night away. It was a lot of fun and reminded me of another little girl who used to like to do the same thing.
The only frustrating part of the night was (of course) when the boys all tried to blow out her candles. Instigated by none other than Lincoln "the stinker". But the moment was redeemed by letting her cut the cake. Who knew she has been waiting all this time to do that? Maybe to sneak licks? Oh wait that's me. Hee hee.

1 comment:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Wow thanks for sharing Christa! I love you and miss you, why don't you stow away in Jason's suitcase when he comes down!!!!!